Episode 6 — Ian Collins
Today, I’m chatting with Ian Collins, a Digital Services Librarian at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Twitter: @icorules
In this episode
Hyperlocal Chicago digital collections, a Wordpress/Drupal/Omeka smackdown, multisite Wordpress as a library service, Agile(ish) project management making lives better, why we love staging servers, the woes of front-end testing (with a rant about our frenemy Selenium), and Lars von Trier.
- Remembering Richard J. Daley
- Government Information Online
- Special Collections and University Archives, UIC
- The Tobenkin Collection of Soviet Pamphlets, an Omeka exhibit
- Explore Chicago Collections
- Jane Jacobs’ The Death and Life of Great American Cities is one of the best books I’ve ever read; it changed the way I see the world around me
- Agile software project management
- Selenium, the loveable/hateable browser automation tool for front-end test suites
- Lars von Trier
Bonus! Before we went on air, we chatted about Kung Fury, which is so funny I laughed until I cried. If you have a spare half hour, I commend it to you.