Episode 1 — Cecily Walker
Today, I’m chatting with Cecily Walker, a Librarian II at Vancouver Public Library and an Editorial Board member at In the Library with the Lead Pipe.
In this episode
We talked about thinking like a programmer, Skillcrush, Maptime, learning communities, why maybe user interfaces should make you think, the gaps in our metadata, human stories, and how to break and remake the library world for the better. I couldn’t have asked for a better opening guest.
- Another Round, my and Cecily’s new favorite podcast (other than this one, of course)
- NYPL web survey tool, Infomaki
- Why’s (Poignant) Guide to Ruby
- Obey the Testing Goat
- Maptime / Maptime Vancouver
- 2015 DLF Forum, October 26-28 in Vancouver; info on the Cecily Walker/Chris Bourg keynote
- Miriam Posner’s “What’s Next: The Radical, Unrealized Potential of Digital Humanities” and The Knotted Line
- Steve Krug’s Don’t Make Me Think